SERVICE & SUPPORT
Products & Solutions
Seamless delivery of television content to multiple screens and devices does not have to be a daunting challenge. IPTV allows channels to be multicast via your IP network without fear of reduction in picture quality or loss of service, delivered to as many users as you wish and with minimal impact on your network.
For any IPTV distribution system, content is acquired from multiple sources including satellite, subscription, terrestrial digital, cable and off-air. The solution we offer helps you combine over 200 channels from these streams. These streams can then be delivered to a set top box, web browser, streaming application, mobile phone, tablet PC, Smart TV or digital signage system.
The solution’s head-end delivers high quality broadcast MPEG-2 content over an IP network to a TV via an IP Set Top Box(STB), Smart TV or PC/MAC. A wide range of digital television and radio channels can be provided from a single server. The IPTV distribution software system supports the acquisition of encrypted and free-to-air digital channels and analogue feeds. Each IPTV server will manage a number of individual interfaces which can support any input feed combination.
These interfaces include:
- DVB-T for digital terrestrial signals (Free to Air or Encrypted)
- DVB-S for digital satellite signals (Free to Air or Encrypted)
- DVB-S HD for High Definition digital satellite signals
- ASI for digital encrypted satellite signals
- Analogue interface through composite video or s-video
- The modular design of the solution means additional servers can be added at any time to increase the number of channels available.
Digital signals are acquired as RF MPEG-2 programme streams based on customers channel line-up. The system removes the RF layer, replaces it with IP, assigns a multicast address and distributes it over the IP network as an individual multicast stream. Channel changing is controlled via requests made to the network elements from the STB or PC client.
Administrators can access the solution’s web based management system from any point in their network through a secure log on process. The management system provides the following capabilities:
- Ability to determine which channels will be distributed over the network and on which multicast address
- Monitor any errors in channel acquisition
- Monitor system performance of the head-end
- Individual management and configuration of each interface
- Remote login capability for tier 2 and tier 3 support
This solution provides a sleek and modern user interface and robust and intelligent technology ensuring the best possible user experience.